This post is thanks to my fellow CZT, Cris Strovilas Letourneau. You can view her at https://www.facebook.com/CZTCris
POWER HABITS for Zentangle.
I saw this article about painting and thought it was perfect for Zentangle.
1. Take responsibility. Nobody else can tangle for you.
2. What do you really want? While tangling focus on WHAT you want or the ENERGY of the DESIRE or the feelings you want to feel.
3. Empower your questions. For example, ask yourself, “What can I add to make this more FUN or BALANCED or DELIGHTFUL?” Never ask yourself, “Why can’t I tangle like (insert favorite tangler here)?
4. Don’t blame others. No one else made that mark that you don’t like.
5. Don’t blame yourself! You are learning. Every “mistake” is simply the opportunity to go off in an unexpected direction. This simply expands your creativity.
6. Give yourself permission to succeed. I can teach anyone to tangle. If “they” can, then so can you! Find a CZT and ask for a class.
7. Challenge your assumptions. Just because UP UNTIL NOW you have told yourself that you “can’t even draw a straight line” doesn’t mean that is the truth.
8. Stop your stinking thinking. If your inner critic starts saying, “See, I knew I couldn’t do this…,” tell her to shut it. You can’t judge a work in progress. Zentangle is about joy. Negative thinking robs us of joy.
9. Keep a daily action journal. Tangle for 15 minutes every day in a journal. Make notes alongside of things you did today, especially those that were creative. Every time you make your mark, you are empowering your creative heART.
10. Keep a daily gratitude journal. Either add this to your action journal or create a new one especially on things you are thankful for. Remember that the final step of the Zentangle process is gratitude. Increased gratitude = increased happiness.
Thank you Noah St. John for this empowering article at OM Times and to Whitney at Creativelyfit.com.
Happy Tangling, Bonnie
Bonnie, Thanks for piggy backing on this! Paint…Zen Tangle to your power! Whitney